[mythtv-users] Enabling multirec borks usability a bit.

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Tue Apr 20 13:55:06 UTC 2010

Richard Morton wrote:
> I should have also said, visitors impression of MythTV is a little
> compromised because of this behaviour and I think it has put off a
> couple of mates, one who writes code for (a very well known)
> commercial digital tv encoders and muxers, from installing MythTV.

I'm a strong advocate of Live TV being useful, but I don't get your
point. Is there any other DVR system with multirec? All other DVRs
have the property

     Num recordings = num tuners  implies  No Live tv.

Whereas MythTV has

     Num recordings = num tuners  implies  Live Tv gets awkward

BTW, thanks to whoever explained the tuner set up with physical
tuners first. I'd never heard of that before. Will fix my
system, as soon as I get a chance.

Paul.