[mythtv-users] Enabling multirec borks usability a bit.

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 18:23:24 UTC 2010

I'm a strong advocate of Live TV being useful, but I don't get your
point. Is there any other DVR system with multirec? All other DVRs
have the property

   Num recordings = num tuners  implies  No Live tv.

look at the Human PVR-9200T

Its a dualtuner freeview device for the UK
you can record two different tv shows from two different muxes and
watch ANY channel on either of the two tuned frequencies....

I've had one of these for years and although I love myth; as I've
stated before Myths handling of live tv has put off users I have shown
it to.

I guess it depends if the devs care about how broad the userbase (and
drawn from that the dev community) gets.