[mythtv-users] Enabling multirec borks usability a bit.

Ian Armstrong mail01 at iarmst.co.uk
Tue Apr 20 21:29:51 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 20 April 2010, Richard Morton wrote:
> > It depends on the setup, but I have an analogue card which overlaps some
> > digital stations. Though not immediately obvious through the front end, I
> > just use the filename to figure out the source. For example, looking at
> > my current recordings, I've some filenames which begin with 1004_ &
> > others 4004_. Both are the same channel, but I know the one starting with
> > a 1 is the analogue tuner, while the 4 is digital.
>
> Just to state the obvious; unless you allow each tuner to report
> channel separately (with its own channel number) that doesn't going to
> work for most of us with multiple tuners looking at the same
> transmission.

In the original posters case it sounded like a non-identical line up from
multiple sources that have overlapping channels.

I did have a problem here with a batch of failed recordings which took me a
while to figure out. If I'd known exactly which tuner the recordings where
being made on it would have been easier to resolve. Turned out to be lengthy
transmitter work meaning reduced power, causing the loss of a multiplex on 2
of my 3 digital tuners.

--
Ian