[mythtv-users] Enabling multirec borks usability a bit.

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Wed Apr 21 10:38:41 UTC 2010

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 04/20/2010 05:22 PM, jedi wrote:

>>       How about Tornado season?
>>
>> [deletia]
>>
>>       Sometimes, information is temporal. Sometimes this sort of
>> information
>> even shows up on Television.
>>

> That's what, "Delete oldest if this would exceed the max episodes," and,
> "Keep only one episode," or, "Keep at most <#> episodes," are for. Or,
> you can just schedule recordings in the LiveTV recording group and
> they'll be deleted (by default the day after they're recorded).  Or some
> combination thereof.
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/387302#387302

With respect, Mike, this entirely misses the point that was made. Okay, so you
keep 1 or 2 of the most recent tornado warnings to watch whenever you find it
convenient. When are you going to watch these? After your house has been
flattened? After the insurance guy has paid out? The key word in that posting
was *temporal*. Stuff you need to know about /now/.

--

Mike Perkins