[mythtv-users] Unable to edit more than one channel at a time after channel scan

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Apr 22 02:49:49 UTC 2010

On 04/21/2010 09:45 PM, jr wrote:
> Running 0.22 and 0.23 on two machines side by side. (Ubuntu 9.10; AMD
> X4&  Intel Atom 230) Having the same issues on both.
>
> I have gone through the drills I have read about on these pages:
>
> 1) Set up tuner
> 2) Set up Video Source
> 3) Set up input connection
>      a. Choose a source
>      b. Scan for channels
>          i. Accept the non-conflicting channels
>          ii. manually assign arbitrary numbers to the conflicting channels
> 4) Leave mythtv-setup
> 5) Run mythfilldatabase
>

> At this point I have some channels that are filled in with the good
> values (incl XMLTVID), and some with no XMTVID, so,
>
> 6) Start mythbackend
> 7) Start mythfrontend
> 8) Go to Watch TV and walk thru the channels
>     a) Press E to EDIT
>     b) identify the channel with my meat computer
>     c) find the corresponding xmltvid in Schedules Direct
>     d) enter the info
>     e) advance to the next channel
>
> I can advance to the next channel, and the channel continues to play,
> but mythfrontend will no longer respond to input.  I have to kill the
> process, restart it, and edit the next channel.  Rinse. Repeat.

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7007
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7767
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8077

We would appreciate your doing some testing to see if it only occurs
with certain playback profile groups in use (see comments on #8077) and,
if so, which ones.  If you find they have something in common, please
try changing that something (such as deinterlacer) and see if you can
figure out exactly what causes it.

My guess: deinterlacer.

No "me too's", please, though.  If you don't have any information on the
cause or a suggested fix, no need to comment on the ticket.  Thanks.  :)

> There has gotta be a better way.
> Help?

Go to Live TV.  Do /not/ hit E.  Use a laptop or some other computer to
bring up the MythWeb channel editor, and edit all the channel xmltvid's
and submit in a single click..

Of course, now that I've saved you a ton of time on editing your
xmltvid's, you can repay me by using some of that saved time to do some
testing, as above.  :)

Mike