[mythtv-users] Anyone with Lucid and Nova-T 500's ?

Yves de Brauer ydebx2 at free.fr
Thu Apr 22 16:38:07 UTC 2010

Steve Curtis a écrit :

> Is anyone running Nova-T 500's on Lucid ?  Since installing 10.04 my
> Nova-T cards are detected but I can't scan any channels Mythtv/scan.
> I'm thinking this is because the onboard amplifer is not turned on.  So
> I added;
>
> options dvb-usb-dib0700 force_lna_activation=1
>
> to a /etc/modprobe.d/dvb.conf file
>
> No luck.. still no channels detected on numerous scans whereas an old HD
> with 8.10 is working fine :-(  Just wondered if anyone else is running
> the above?
>
> Cheers,
> Steve.

Hello,

Just to say a "Me too"

I have a Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T card that used to work very well under
Mandriva 2008.1 (kernel 2.6.24.7).

I moved to Mandriva 2009.1, then 2010.0 (kernel 2.6.31.6) and it doesn't
work well any more. Scan can't find channels.
I tried hading "options dvb-usb-dib0700 force_lna_activation=1" in
/etc/modprobe.conf. It improve just a bit. Scan find only a few channels
(in fact few some multiplex work other don't).
If I revert to Mandriva 2008.1 (in another partition), all things are
good (without adding anything in modprobe.conf).
I use also 3 Nova-T PCI cards without  problem.

I even tried to get a cable directly from the antenna (before the
splitter) to get a stronger signal without success.

If I import channel and multiplex from the running machine with the 3
Nova-t and try to tune on the problematic channels, I get a partial lock.

I don't know what else to do. I desperately need help.

Yves