[mythtv-users] Comcast bricked my HDHR above 33 - Los Gatos - 95032

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 17:11:53 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 8:30 AM, Slava Imeshev <imeshev at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Mark,
>
> Just wondering - how do you connect to your STB?
>
> Slava

I don't use STBs at all for recording, only live viewing. I use an HD
Homerun instead. I've never had to deal with 1394 control of STBs, or
IR Blaster functionality, etc.. That's all within the HDHR. Myth
drives the HDHR through a newwork connection.

The HDHR used to record anything I could see on my STB. Now it only
has access to the lower channels. I.e. - the STB and DTA's can decrypt
everything. The HDHR really can't decrypt anything. It only accepts
channels that are unencrypted.

- Mark