[mythtv-users] LiveTV on HVR-4000 not working- 0.22/F12 - FIXED

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 01:16:22 UTC 2010

On 22 April 2010 10:54, Michael PARKER <michael.parker at st.com> wrote:
> [...]

Looks like our devs would prefer you to pester V4L upstream to fix the driver...

> One problem does, however, remain - changing channel whilst watching live TV repeatably gives an
> "Unrecoverable recorder error" and throws you back to the menu. Given that I've pre-tuned/hardwired
> my input connection to RF channel 23, a channel change request should only be passing the new (TV)
> channel number to the channel change script. The tuner should stay tuned to channel 23 throughout,
> shouldn't it?

The tuner MythTV is receiving data from should remain tuned to
whatever channel your STB is outputting its RF feed on. The channel
change script uses the 'freqid' (frequency) value for each channel you
try to change to. Make sure this value is set to the channel number
that you enter on the STB for each channel, and that your channel
change script works.

Note that you can increase useful debug output in the logs by adding
`-v important,general,channel,record` when starting mythbackend - this
may help locate where the error is coming from.

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott