[mythtv-users] Frontend hangs with only background, after moving system partition to a new drive

jarpublic at gmail.com jarpublic at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 06:55:16 UTC 2010

I just had to switch my main drive out because is was starting to make a
loud squeal when the heads parked. I just used gparted to copy the system
partition over to a new drive. After that was done everything booted up and
worked fine, except for the frontend. The frontend starts up but it just
sits there with only the background visible (ie no menus, etc). In the
frontend log I get the following errors:

mount: can't find /dev/sdf in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab
QPixmap: It is not safe to use pixmaps outside the GUI thread
QPixmap: It is not safe to use pixmaps outside the GUI thread
X Error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 9
  Major opcode: 53 (X_CreatePixmap)
  Resource id:  0x0
X Error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 9
  Extension:    152 (RENDER)
  Minor opcode: 4 (RenderCreatePicture)
  Resource id:  0x2e0001d
X Error: RenderBadPicture (invalid Picture parameter) 172
  Extension:    152 (RENDER)
  Minor opcode: 8 (RenderComposite)
  Resource id:  0x2e0001e
X Error: RenderBadPicture (invalid Picture parameter) 172
  Extension:    152 (RENDER)
  Minor opcode: 7 (RenderFreePicture)
  Resource id:  0x2e0001e
X Error: BadPixmap (invalid Pixmap parameter) 4
  Major opcode: 2 (X_ChangeWindowAttributes)
  Resource id:  0x2e0001d
2010-04-23 02:38:51.249 Failed to mount /dev/sdf.

This is what version I am running:

MythTV Version   : 24158
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-23-fixes
Network Protocol : 56
Library API      : 0.23.20100314-1
QT Version       : 4.5.2

Everything was running fine before I switched the system partition over to
the new drive, so it makes me suspect that that was the cause. However,
perhaps I did something else at some earlier time and it just didn't
manifest itself until I restarted the frontend when I switched the drives. I
can't find anything online or in the archives. Any suggestion would be
greatly appreciated. I am going to hear from the family tomorrow for
breaking the MythTV system again.