[mythtv-users] Comcast bricked my HDHR above 33 - Los Gatos -95032

Slava Imeshev imeshev at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 23 07:20:36 UTC 2010

HD
> Homerun instead. I've never had to deal with 1394 control of STBs,
or
> IR Blaster functionality, etc.. That's all within the HDHR. Myth
> drives the HDHR through a newwork connection.
>
> The HDHR used to record anything I could see on my STB. Now it only
> has access to the lower channels. I.e. - the STB and DTA's can
decrypt
> everything. The HDHR really can't decrypt anything. It only accepts
> channels that are unencrypted.

I see. This sh*t happened to us (94303) a while ago. I am getting
myself
together to move to a version Linux/Myth that support Firewire+STB.

As an OT, given the size of the market, and the fact that we are in
the
epicenter of all things hi-tech, where is the competition? Where are
the
options?

Slava