[mythtv-users] OT WANTED: HDHR dual

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 16:27:01 UTC 2010

> The reason he thinks so many people have 'bricked' HDHRs is because of this
> travesty of a thread
> (http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2010-April/287078.html), which
> proports that 'bricked' means it can only record those local broadcast
> channels Comcast is not allowed to encrypt.

Yes, with these there is no physical damage caused by Comcast. It's
just after Comcast encrypting almost everything the HDHR becomes less
value because it (like all other digital tuners available for linux)
can only record unencrypted channels. For me encryption on all
non-local digital channels has always been in place. I knew that
before I spent $50 for kworld 115 card years ago..

John