[mythtv-users] Strange networking issue with Acer Revo AR1600 on GBit lan

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Fri Apr 23 18:44:34 UTC 2010

Daniel Born wrote:
> Problem:
> It all works normally for long periods of time (30-45 minutes are typical) and suddenly, connection stalls and everything stops working until restarted and then works normally again.

The worst I've seen has been a 1 to 2 second pause in playing H264
movies, but usually only once during any given movie.

On the Linksys front, there was a period (Around 8 months ago) that we
had a batch of 5 port GIG switches that we purchased for work, that
would pass data for only a short period of time and then stop.

It was a bad enough problem for Linksys, that all you had to do was call
their support line, mention the 5 port switch and they'd immediately
RMAd it, no questions asked.

Maybe you should check that model against their web site?

Doug

--

Ben Franklin quote: