[mythtv-users] Help me choose a Redhat based OS for MythBackend

Mike Andy beatbreaker82 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 03:07:09 UTC 2010

Like I said I'm ok at Linux the reason I want to change is to
challenge myself. I've used Ubuntu, Sabayon, and Arch Linux as
desktops before. So those taught me about Debian and Gentoo like
systems respectively. Suse as my server has introduced me to RPM based
systems.

But I've never played with a system directly based on redhat so this
is why i'm changing.

Compiling dependencies shouldn't be a big problem, in that case I'll
try CentOS, Has anyone here gotten mythbackend 0.23 to work on centos?

I also just found this: http://www.redhat.com/rhel/beta/ but it will
only be good to play with and not use seriously.