[mythtv-users] Comcast bricked my HDHR above 33 - Los Gatos -95032

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Sat Apr 24 07:32:57 UTC 2010

Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> says:
> I, and at least one other user on this list, subscribe to Astound!
> and virtually every channel I subscribe to comes through firewire
> (ironically, one of the only channels that does not come in is PBS).

Gabe already knows this, but for the record this is KQED's fault, not
Astound's. KQED enables the no-copy broadcast flag in its feed,
Astound passes the signal untouched, and the cable box duly follows
the flag. This is why KQED and KBCW are unavailable (and why in the
past KGO and KPIX were sometimes unavailable), and why having
over-the-air alongside Astound service is a good idea.

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array