[mythtv-users] MythExport - iPod Touch / iPhone Settings

Christopher Kerr mythtv at theseekerr.com
Sun Apr 25 22:29:47 UTC 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 7:24 AM, Douglas Wagner <douglasw0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Handbrake is working just fine in a Command Line format, seems a bit slow (2
> hours of encoding for a 1 hour video) but I won't complain, time isn't my
> concern at this point.  We'll see how the final video turns out before I
> pass judgment however.

That's pretty slow for the iPod preset - encoding on a Core 2 E7400
(dual core at 2.80Ghz) I average a little over 70 frames per second.
That scales roughly linearly with clockspeed within the Core 2 line -
the E4500 (2.2Ghz dual) in my frontend manages around 50 fps. That
drops to about 30 fps on a 5 year old dual core Athlon whose specs I
can't recall, and to about 20 fps on my ancient Pentium 4 (3.0Ghz
single core) backend.

My point is, I would have expected realtiime or better for that preset
on modern hardware.

- Chris