[mythtv-users] Disk full storage group selection

Eric Smith erictsmith at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 00:28:30 UTC 2010

I've noticed some curious behavior since upgrading to .23RC1 (and now with
.23RC2 as well).  I have 3 physical drives in my default storage group, one
of which is completely full with shows set to not auto-expire.  The other
two drives have plenty of auto-expirable shows, yet on occasion the 3rd full
drive is being chosen for a recording which brings myth to a crawl when it
starts logging the "out of disk" messages.  I can't say for sure if this
behavior changed with the upgrade, or if that 3rd drive just happened to
become full at the same time, but the results are less than ideal.  I
understand the use case that has been discussed before it a system with 1
drive is completely full, but given that I have space available, I'd expect
a different behavior in this case?