[mythtv-users] MiroBridge

jr jraymyth at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 02:16:26 UTC 2010

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 6:45 PM, Doug Vaughan <r.d.vaughan at rogers.com> wrote:
> jr,
>   MiroBridge must physically be run on a MythTV backend because it deals
> with local files. That being said MiroBridge uses the PC's hostname to check
> that the PC is a backend. The specific setting MiroBridge is checking in the
> data base table 'settings' is 'BackendServerIP'. So specifically in your
> case the PC's hostname (Papercut) does not have a matching 'BackendServerIP'
> record in the 'settings' table.
>
> Here is a command line to see what your current settings are:   > mysql -u
> mythtv -p mythconverg -e "SELECT * FROM settings WHERE value LIKE
> 'BackendServerIP'"
>
> You will need to enter your password of "mythtv" to see the results.
>
> Until the hostname on your PCs backend, that you will be running MiroBridge,
> has the appropriate record MiroBridge will not run.

I am running on a combination Frontend/BackEnd.  0.23-fixes.  I
apologize for not being clear about that.

I had gotten as far as looking at the setting table for the value of
BackendServerIP, but hadn't made the connection that I had to use the
machine name instead of the IP Address.  So, I went into /etc/hosts
and changed Papercut from 127.0.1.1 to its network address.  (ping
Papercut now returns the network address)  I then went into
mythtv-setup and changed the local backend and master backend
addresses to 'Papercut'.  Mythfrontend still works correctly.
Unfortunately, I still get the same results as before (below).

<------------>
mythuser at Papercut:~/.mythtv$ mysql -u mythtv -p mythconverg -e "SELECT
* FROM settings WHERE value LIKE 'BackendServerIP'"
Enter password:
+-----------------+----------+----------+
| value           | data     | hostname |
+-----------------+----------+----------+
| BackendServerIP | Papercut | mything  |
+-----------------+----------+----------+

mythuser at Papercut:~/.mythtv$ ./mirobridge/mirobridge.py
2010-04-25 21:48:51,053 - mirobridge - INFO - Using python library
'pyparsing' version 1.5.2
2010-04-25 21:48:51.170 Python Database Connection: Using connection
settings from /home/mythuser/.mythtv/config.xml
2010-04-25 21:48:51,245 - mirobridge - CRITICAL - MiroBridge must be
run on a MythTV backend, error(Could not find setting
'BackendServerIP' on host 'Papercut')

I had thought to change the 'localhost' in config.xml to 'papercut',
but then it complains that it cannot log into the mythconverg with:

! Warning - Failed to connect to database at
'mythconverg'@'Papercut'for user 'mythtv' with password 'mythtv'.
2010-04-25 22:00:35,783 - mirobridge - CRITICAL - Check that
(/home/mythuser/.mythtv/config.xml) is correctly configured