[mythtv-users] ubuntu and iguanaIR with transmitter and remote

Peter Abplanalp pta-myth at psaconsultants.com
Tue Apr 27 23:47:29 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 5:34 PM, Ben Eisemann <ben at locojeeper.com> wrote:
> I'm knee deep in it right now.  My intention is to use it only for sending
> though.  As of right now here is what I know.
>
> You'll need to add the iguanaworks debian source to your sources.list file
> then you need to compile iguanair for your platform and install
> then do the same for lirc
> then follow through the steps on iguanaworks.net in the getting started
> guide.

yeah, i got that much worked out, thanks though.  i even have it
transmitting, sort of.  it isn't reliable at all, especially when
trying to change to a 2 digit channel like 29.  sometimes i get 2,
sometimes i get 9, most times i get nothing and very rarely i get 29.

i used the instructions on the getting started page at iguanaworks.net
as well as the lirc rebuilding instructions on
http://iguanaworks.net/downloads.php?distro=deb to get this far, if
that helps at all.

my issue is getting the remote to work with the blasting.

thanks,

-peter