[mythtv-users] Minimium VDPAU Video Memory on Mobile 8600M

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Wed Apr 28 08:48:32 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nick Rout" <nick.rout at gmail.com>
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Sunday, April 25, 2010 2:09 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Minimium VDPAU Video Memory on Mobile 8600M

For anyone interested I did find some comments about this on the nvidia support site pretty much confirming there is no Dell BIOS
option to increase video memory for these Dell notebooks.

However I did find that some Dell D830's came with NVS-135 and NVS-140M graphic cards, which the NVIDIA readme says are vdpau
capable, (old 8400 equivalents) some come with 512M options as well as various screen sizes including 1920x1200 screens, so I've
taken a punt on one of these.  There are some reports of these cards variably working, however 0.23 (or was it 0.24?) might be
required according to some posts.  If anyone wants to know how it goes please reply to this post.