[mythtv-users] can't upgrade db
tom at graniteskies.net
Wed Apr 28 13:14:52 UTC 2010
On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 1:28 AM, Tony Bones <aabonesml at gmail.com> wrote:
> yea so i think i got it now. I think i updated the my.cnf before i should
> have. i reverted and now mythtv-setup completes the upgrade, but my my.cnf
> has all character-set lines = latin1. just wasn't sure if they were suppose
> to be removed or not. I thought the sed script was commenting them out.
> anyway, all good ... for now
> thanks for your help
> On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 10:21 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com
> > wrote:
>> On 04/28/2010 12:57 AM, Tony Bones wrote:
>>> what should my my.cnf file have in it? no character-set lines or
>>> character-set lines that are set to latin1 or utf8?
>> That I can't tell you. You'll have to either play around with your config
>> until you get it right or find some Gentoo user that knows how Gentoo
>> configures things and have them help you reconfigure it.
>> Or, use a temporary non-Gentoo system to upgrade your DB--like the
>> Mythbuntu approach I mentioned.
>> mythtv-users mailing list
>> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
If you are only using mysql for Myth use, try setting the latin1 USE flag in
your package.use file. This should insure that in a future upgrade, it
doesn't "magically" get set back to Gentoo's default UTF8.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the mythtv-users