[mythtv-users] can't upgrade db
digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 14:26:31 UTC 2010
On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 9:14 AM, Tom Flair <tom at graniteskies.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 1:28 AM, Tony Bones <aabonesml at gmail.com> wrote:
>> yea so i think i got it now. I think i updated the my.cnf before i should
>> have. i reverted and now mythtv-setup completes the upgrade, but my my.cnf
>> has all character-set lines = latin1. just wasn't sure if they were suppose
>> to be removed or not. I thought the sed script was commenting them out.
>> anyway, all good ... for now
>> thanks for your help
>> On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 10:21 PM, Michael T. Dean
>> <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>>> On 04/28/2010 12:57 AM, Tony Bones wrote:
>>>> what should my my.cnf file have in it? no character-set lines or
>>>> character-set lines that are set to latin1 or utf8?
>>> That I can't tell you. You'll have to either play around with your
>>> config until you get it right or find some Gentoo user that knows how Gentoo
>>> configures things and have them help you reconfigure it.
>>> Or, use a temporary non-Gentoo system to upgrade your DB--like the
>>> Mythbuntu approach I mentioned.
> If you are only using mysql for Myth use, try setting the latin1 USE flag in
> your package.use file. This should insure that in a future upgrade, it
> doesn't "magically" get set back to Gentoo's default UTF8.
Well...all that really does is to make the compiled in default latin1
if the my.cnf doesn't say otherwise. I wouldn't bother with that. As
a matter of fact, after the upgrade to 0.22-fixes I switched mine back
to the original utf8 my.cnf, as MythTV 0.22-fixes works fine that way.
More information about the mythtv-users