[mythtv-users] Quadro NVS 140M and VDPAU - not working

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Wed Apr 28 20:53:29 UTC 2010

Tortise wrote:
> [...]

Thanks for the info.

I have mplayer set up to use VDPAU on that laptop.  I can play HD video on
it using mplayer with VDPAU without any problem (last night was watching a
720p video - it did not stress the machine *at all* and playback was
excellent).

The problem seems to only occur with recordings, mostly 1080i ones, so I'm
guessing it's a problem with the deinterlacer, but I don't know this for
sure.  Unfortunately, none of the options worked real well; some were a
bit better than others.  It plays "OK" if I use XvMC, but I'd MUCH rather
use VDPAU if I can, obviously.

Thanks - Bob