[mythtv-users] Advice please: school mythtv project

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 22:48:05 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 9:38 AM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

>> and I hear there's a new theme you might want to use.
>
> With all of the budget problems so many school districts are having (at least
> here in the USA) now is the perfect time to introduce them to Open Source
> software. Our local Linux User's Group is already starting to get inquiries
> from several schools in Colorado.
>
> I hadn't thought of Myth as something they might be interested in, but now
> that I think about it it seems like a good fit for many schools.

Being 47 and having been taught before computers, projectors, VCR's
etc were commonplace in schools, I wonder if our kids these days are
being fed too much movies and TV shows. My stepdaughter tells me the
other day that they watched some buddy movie (sorry can't remember the
title) in Health the other day. When asked what it had to do with the
curriculum she said that it was related to their current topic of
"friendship".

Seemed more likely to my cynical mind that the teacher needed some
down time with the lights off.