[mythtv-users] Quadro NVS 140M and VDPAU - not working

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Wed Apr 28 23:46:29 UTC 2010

Tortise wrote:
> [...]

(II) Apr 28 07:36:59 NVIDIA(0): NVIDIA GPU Quadro NVS 140M (G86) at
PCI:1:0:0 (GPU-0)
(--) Apr 28 07:36:59 NVIDIA(0): Memory: 524288 kBytes

You're absolutely right.  I was basing my previous post on what I found in
the output of lspci, which showed 256M of prefetchable memory and 48M of
non-prefetchable memory.  So it does actually have 512M available.

Actually, standalone mplayer with VDPAU works fine on 720p and 1080p video
files; the problem I have with VDPAU playback seems only to be within
Myth, and usually with 1080i recordings; this is why I assume the issue is
with the deinterlacer on this particular machine.  On my combined BE/FE
downstairs, everything plays back fine within Myth.

Bob