[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu frontend problem and log file location

Jason Ward jasonfward at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 22:45:08 UTC 2010

On 30 April 2010 23:25, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 7:22 AM, Jason Ward <jasonfward at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> If you are having to create directories that should be there, I am
> wondering if you are getting everything installed. Are you using the
> mythbuntu CD or are you installing ubuntu then putting mythbuntu on
> top of it?
>
> If the latter, what exactly did you install? It should be
> mythbuntu-desktop, if you install that then everything else should be
> brought in as a dependency.

It's the Mythbuntu 10.04 CD image I downloaded last night from here
http://www.mythbuntu.org/10.04/release

I've been looking at the errors reported in log, it reminds of a Unix system
I was supposed to install many years ago (circa 1989) that would install and
run until it was switched off.  On powering back on the system would claim
various random system components were not installed.  After much digging and
talking to Compaq tech support (and about 1 month in time) it turned out
that if you had a particular Compaq Machine, with a particular BIOS version,
with a particular Conner hard drive, with a particular firmware version and
you just happened to install the flavour of Unix with a particular file
system that I was installing, then after a cold boot there was an error that
in effect randomly deleted files.

The reason that comes to mind, is because I have had the system working, and
then whilst I do nothing notable, it stops working.

Maybe I should try a different distro?  Any suggestions on which?

Jason