[mythtv-users] MythTV wiki page for IguanaIR

mythtv at derdev.com mythtv at derdev.com
Sun Aug 1 12:09:58 UTC 2010

On Sun, 1 Aug 2010 06:44:05 -0500, Craig Huff <huffcslists at gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 6:34 AM,  <mythtv at derdev.com> wrote:
>>
>> snip...
>>
>>> I get an error message.  It appears this is an incomplete command, so
>>> tried
>>>         sudo dpkg -i lirc
>>> but that didn't work.  That's problem #1.
>>>

>> STOP RIGHT THERE :-)
>>
>> What is the output of 'lircd -H ?'
>>

> Short answer is that it does NOT list iguanaIR.
>
> Were you looking for more than that?
>
> Craig.

Yes, you should not proceed further until you get iguanaIR to appear in
your lircd modules support list.

You mentioned that you get an error when you compiled, what is the error?

Did you follow the steps on
http://iguanaworks.net/downloads.php?distro=deb
Especially
   [DEB] - LIRC with IguanaIR Driver.

  We recommend using your distribution's version of LIRC. You will need to
compile LIRC to support our driver. After you have installed the   iguanair
package, add your distros source repository to /etc/apt/sources.list. Then
run:

  sudo apt-get update
  sudo apt-get build-dep lirc
  sudo apt-get -b source lirc

  that should compile lirc packages that support our device. Run "sudo
dpkg -i " to install the packages.