[mythtv-users] help needed configuring Revo for smooth video

Ryan Duffy dusteur at excite.com
Sun Aug 1 16:49:51 UTC 2010

Hi,

I've recently bought a Revo R3610 to be a new frontend.

I'm having trouble getting it configured for a satisfactory experience.

I'm using VDPAU and have set it to use Advanced 1x deinterlacer. (I tried Advanced 2x and temporal 2x but both maxed out a CPU and stuttered a lot, so I can only assume they are not supported on Revo).

This mostly works, but I see intermittent video glitches (I can't watch for more than about 30 seconds before I suffer one). Unfortunately, although the video recovers at this point, the sound is then out-of-sync and the only way to resync it is to exit the recording and restart it.

Can anyone enlighten me as to how to configure my Revo/mythtv to stop this happening?

For the record, I've set the video RAM to 512MB in the Bios as suggested elsewhere and have tried other deinterlacers without any better result.
My WAF is pretty low at this point, having bought a new bit of kit that so far doesn't seem to be up to the job.

I'm using it for freeview broadcasts in the UK, so it is SD video although I hope to throw some HD at it at some point. My monitor is 1920x1200 resolution (I don't see why that should matter but you never know...).

Thanks for any help!