[mythtv-users] PS3 doesn't see Mythtv / upnp

Joe j.commisso at verizon.net
Sun Aug 1 21:38:19 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have spent all day on this.
I have the 0.23.1 version of MythTV.
I have removed and replaced mythbackend.
I downloaded upnp-inspector, but it can't see mythtv, even from the same
machine as myth.

The mythtv backend/frontend server is FC12 and has the latest updates.

The PS3 searches for media servers, but doesn't find any.

I searched, but didn't find others with this problem, so maybe someone
can help solve this issue for me.

I have added the multicast route with 'route add -net 239.0.0.0/8 eth0'
I have added the real IP address for the mythbackend.

The media server just won't show up.
I can ping the PS3 from the myth box, which are on the same subnet:
192.168.7.x

Please help!

Joe