[mythtv-users] MythTV wiki page for IguanaIR

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 00:02:56 UTC 2010

On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 11:15 AM, Craig Huff <huffcslists at gmail.com> wrote:

> Will try again later today and make sure about the libusb package first.

Okay... Here's what I did (this time, at least ;-):

1) booted up the Mythbuntu 10.04 CD in live mode
2) launched synaptic and installed libusb-1.0-0-dev
3) edited /etc/apt/sources.list and added these two lines at the end:
        deb-src http://iguanaworks.net/downloads/debian source/
        deb http://iguanaworks.net/downloads/debian binary-i386/
4) ran the command:
        sudo apt-get install iguanair
5) launched the now-installed igauanaIR daemon with the command:
        sudo /etc/init.d/iguanaIR start
6) tested (successfully) with command:
        igclient --get-version
which returned the desired response of:
        get version: success: version=0x0306
7) tested (successfully) with command:
        igclient --receiver-on --sleep 100
8) checked lircd support for iguanaIR with the command:
        lircd -H ?
which did not list iguanaIR as a supported driver.
9) followed instructions on IguanaIR wiki downloads page and issued commands:
        sudo apt-get update
        sudo apt-get build-dep lirc
        sudo apt-get -b source lirc
which all seemed to work okay, but there _were_ a lot of messages
spewed out.  I was able to scroll back far enough to see that the last
command processed the iguanaIR.c file, so...?
OTOH, there were a lot of messages of the form:
dh_install: xxxxxx exists in debian/tmp but is not installed to anywhere
10) checked to see if lircd support for iguanaIR was no in place with
the command:
        lircd -H ?
which still does not list iguanaIR as a supported driver.

So...  now what?

Craig.