[mythtv-users] First myth deleted most of my recordings, then it deleted all and all schedules.
david at thekramers.net
Mon Aug 2 05:50:48 UTC 2010
A few days ago while I was on vacation I ran low (but far from out) of
disk space. I had a ton of old recordings. The system deleted about
850 recordings! I couldn't believe it. But I still had my recent
Today I looked at my system and not only did it delete every frackin
recording I had, including the .mpg files themselves, but all of my
scheduled recordings are gone. I can't imagine what could have done
that. And to further taunt me, it left a few .png files around just to
remind me of all my recordings that are now missing.
- I still have my capture card and input defined.
- I still have my storage groups defined
- I am currently running 0.22.0+fixes23893-0ubuntu0+mythbuntu3 (I can't
upgrade until I have time to upgrade the back end and all three front
ends due to schema change, so I'm still running Ubuntu 9.10 and this
slightly older myth)
- No other databases on my system had any problems, and all the myth
tables like settings, etc are in tact.
- I was able to figure out how to restore the record table from backup,
and remove oldrecorded records for shows I want to re-record if they
happen to show. I seem to be up and running now, but.... what if this
- Why in the world would AutoExpire delete over a terabyte of
recordings? And why would it delete ALL recordings? I verified
AutoExpire was set to leave 1GB
- Are there any known events that would cause myth to delete anything
from the record table (shows to be recorded) ever, let alone EVERY RECORD?
Thanks in advance.
More information about the mythtv-users