[mythtv-users] Value estimation of MythTV

Tyler T tylernt at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 16:23:10 UTC 2010

It gets even better when you factor in timestretch. I watch almost all
shows at 1.2 or 1.3x, and a few at 1.5 or 2.0x. I'm to the point now
that watching content at normal speed makes everyone seem like they're
moving and speaking through treacle... I think I'd have to give up TV
before I gave up timestretch.

> You need to reduce that "value" by the amount of time spent getting MythTV
> set up and the amount of time maintaining the MythTV setup.

Agreed.