[mythtv-users] Output to h.264

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Thu Aug 5 22:50:57 UTC 2010

So my next step is having to read up on what it takes to build a backend because that's an option I didn't see on any of the install disks. The choices included run from cd and install mythtv but no mention of backend only.

Also important is what distro I pick. Since I can only install knoppmyth on that front end workstation, does this mean I should stick to the same distro for each of the backend machines?

I've read that some folks have had luck with FTA cards, blind scanning and so on so I need to find related information once I know which version I am going with. Knowing that is a difficult thing because at the moment, it's based on what I can and can't install.