[mythtv-users] Myth on Xen domU?

MarcT myrdhn at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 05:41:01 UTC 2010

Recently I built a new system in order to increase storage. My old system
could not handle the 2TB drives I wanted. So I decided to splurge a bit and
built a new Core2Quad based system which supports virtualization.

Since it had the capability I decided I wanted to try running a Xen dom0
server with a Windows (for play-on and magic jack), and a Linux (for MythTV)
domU.

I got the dom0 working and pass-through of my PCI based capture cards to the
guest. I got a domU working and seeing the PCI devices that were passed.
Windows is also already installed and was fairly simple.

I'm currently building myth and all dependencies (gentoo) on the Linux domU.
So far so good, but I was looking to see if anyone else has ever done this
before and what they have to say about it.

Pointers, recommendations, success/horror stories? I'll take anything, even
if it's just to know I'm not forging new ground here.

MarcT