[mythtv-users] Myth on Xen domU?

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Aug 6 09:39:22 UTC 2010

MarcT wrote:

>So far so good, but I was looking to see if anyone else has ever
>done this before and what they have to say about it.

Well ... it works !

I have an AMD64 3200+ (single core, not particularly powerful by
todays standards) running Debin plus Myth (Backend) from the
Debian-Multimedia repo. Myth is one of several guests, and everything
runs on a single 1.5TB Western Digital Green drive. A single HVR-1110
(IIRC) does multirec, and it can record two programs while playing
another through a frontend.

It struggles if it tries to commflag a recording, while recording
two, while playing back ! That is an I/O limitation I suspect.

So no, you aren't breaking new ground.

--
Simon Hobson