[mythtv-users] Myth on Xen domU?

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Aug 6 14:00:24 UTC 2010

MarcT wrote:

<excess quoted material snipped>

>Since Debian uses a prebuilt package system I'm assuming you haven't seen
>these types of issues.
>At this point I am seriously considering running my backend off the dom0 and
>having a VM for the windows machine only.

Well I recall that when I started off, I couldn't make it compile. I
just kept coming back every few months and eventually it did - I
guess the bugs got fixed. Since I got it working, it's been in "if it
ain't broke, don't fix it" mode and still running 0.21.

At some point I intend firing up a new DomU and installing a later
version (0.22 at the moment, more likely 0.23 by the time I get round
to it). My one frontend has enough disk space left o install a newer
version of MythBuntu alongside it.

I too have been wondering if I should run a backend in Dom0, and
whether it would have any performance benefits. But since I don't
have the spare cash for a new machine, I think I'll leave it along
for the time being.

--
Simon Hobson