[mythtv-users] Hauppauge Nova-TD-500 fails, "DiB0070 I2C read failed"

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 15:57:15 UTC 2010

On 8 August 2010 16:50, Dan <dansto.well+myth at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/8/7 Jason Chambers <lists at purplish-monkey.com>:
>> On 07/08/2010 18:08, Dan wrote:
>>>
>>> One problem with this though: scheduled recordings now don't use the
>>> second tuner (i.e. if two recordings scheduled for the same time, myth
>>> can only record one).
>>>
>>> Digging into the database, I can see (for example) I have Film4 twice
>>> in the "channel" table, once with chanid 1015 and once with chanid
>>> 2015. (Both have "Film4" as name and callsign, and 15 as channum,
>>> 27136 as serviceid.) They have different sourceids (1 vs 2) matching
>>> my tuners in "videosource".
>>
>> If you have /identical/ tuners then you should setup just one Video Source
>> and assign both tuners to it.
>
> Thanks. Yes, they're identical (it's a dual-tuner card) and originally
> they were both on the same source. However, as recommended earlier on
> in this thread, I now have them separate sources so that one takes the
> EIT from the transmitted guide and one doesn't, which prevents an
> instability issue. I don't think there's a way I can do that without
> having them on separate videosources?

No, no, no. If it was my reply to which you refer, I never mention
setting up two video sources.

Both tuners share a /single/ video source. One of the tuners is set to
get EIT data actively (in the background when not being used for
recordings/live TV) and the other can get it passively when being used
for recordings. Both tuners are able to provide EIT data for the same
video source - perhaps this is where the confusion lies?

When using identical tuner types, you only need to configure separate
video sources if you require each tuner to receive a different set of
channels from those available on the tuner (e.g. if one of the
physical tuners is more sensitive than the other(s) and has only
borderline reception on some multiplexes).

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott