[mythtv-users] MythMusic interface

George Galt george.galt at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 02:19:59 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 1:06 PM, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 8:08 AM, Paul Gallaway <pgallaway at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 11:19 PM, George Galt <george.galt at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Code is available at Sourceforge through SVN: svn co
>>> https://mythsqueezebox.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mythsqueezebox
>>> mythsqueezebox (the code that is "downloaded" through the main page is
>>> old and does not work with MythTV >= 0.22).
>>
>> I can confirm the MythSqueezeBox2 plugin is working in 0.23. My
>> preferred theme is broken for it, of course, but I'm working on
>> that.... slowly...
>>

> I looked at the YouTube video.  The coverflow stuff looks pretty cool
> as does being able to use a remote.  Are there visualizations as well?
>  As of now, that is the one thing I would like with my current squeeze
> setup that I don't have and I don't really want to compile and
> maintain beta/alpha software just for the coverflow aspect.
>
>> SqueezePlay looks like it could be an interesting option as well but
>> I'm yet to get a working client in Linux. Currently the background
>> foobars and the menus don't refresh properly with Debian AMD64 (daily
>> tars or .debs of 7.6). However, the audio works if I successfully
>> navigate to the music directory!
>

> In that case, I probably won't even bother with trying this.  The
> iPhone interface is great and the web interface is pretty cool too.  I
> will just leave the TV off when playing squeeze.
>
> Again, not to disparage the work that has gone into MythMusic, because
> it is pretty awesome and I have used it now for a long time.  But I
> would love to see it replaced with something like squeeze.  I just
> wished I had any programing skills and could do it myself.

Gabe:

Sorry, I've been away for the past 2 weeks.  Thanks for the positive
comments on MythSqueezebox.  I wouldn't recommend using it right now
because it is currently unstable.  In addition to SqueezePlay and
Squeezeslave, you might also want to look at SoftSqueeze (same
sourceforge site a squeezeslave).  It is Java based and -- I believe
-- can have the interface skinned.  A few years ago, I believe someone
did a skin for the MythCenter theme, but I can't find the thread.

George