[mythtv-users] Comcast STB Firewire vs HDHomeRun

John Baab john.baab at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 01:25:16 UTC 2010

Reliability and FireWire do not mix.  Meanwhile the HDHR is perhaps
the best tuner available.  I would say to get a HDHR, as you can grab
them for cheap anymore, and in the end it will cost less than your $13
a month extra cable box.  Then you can turn around and mess with
FireWire in an attempt to get additional channels, which may or may
not work.