[mythtv-users] possible frontend?

Joe jfwd at phlobus.net
Tue Aug 10 12:34:00 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 4:11 PM, Richard Morton
<richard.e.morton at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/09/jetway-jbc600c99-52w-is-a-long-name-for-a-little-nettop-with-ato/

I just stumbled upon this one myself, newegg carries it:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856107072

I am in the market for a small/quiet frontend and I was thinking of
getting a Revo as they seem to be pretty highly regarded for that
purpose -- but I discovered they discontinued the $199 "1600" model
and now all you can get is the more expensive 3600 series.  This
Jetway is cheaper and comes with an MCE remote, but does NOT have
keyboard, memory, or storage for the OS (I don't want the keyboard but
the memory is important, and I don't feel like going through the pain
of setting up network boot).  In the end it's probably about the same
price.

The newegg specs list the graphics as "Next-generation NVIDIA ION
graphics".  Does anyone know what that means and how it compares to
the 9400M of the normal ION chipset?  I assume the linux drivers work
with it and supports VDPAU...