[mythtv-users] Can a transcode job be delayed for a few days?

David Peterson mythtv at opencraft.org
Tue Aug 10 14:37:47 UTC 2010

Hey all,

Is there a way to delay by a few days the auto-transcoding job that
can run after every program is recorded?

I'm just getting a HD system together. Normally we watch programs
within a few days of being recorded, and I want to view those in full
HD. However, there are other programs that we may not watch
immediately. I'd like those to be transcoded to a smaller size so they
don't take up as much space on the hard drive.

My thoughts is that I'll quickly watch stuff that I'd like to watch in
HD, but stuff that I don't watch immediately can be compressed to a
smaller size. Is this possible?

David.
Proud Myth user since 2004