[mythtv-users] Small Form Factor Frontend

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Tue Aug 10 18:05:28 UTC 2010

On 10 Aug 2010, at 19:35, Tom Dexter wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 2:58 PM, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Not to threadjack, but on a similar note, does anyone know of a good
>> quite small formfactor that I can use as BE/FE combined?  I would love
>> it to have a PCI slot so I can keep my PVR-350 and either a firewire
>> port or another slot to put a card in.  I would uise VDAPUA and not
>> concerned about speed b/c I never transcode and commercial detection
>> would not need to be real time.
>>
>> Aside from my two first requirements, I would think a Revo would be
>> perfect.  I do not want to add a second machine to be a backend, so
>> please no suggestions of that.
>
> I have a SFF Dell 4700C as a frontend.  As far as VDPAU goes, I've yet
> to see a SFF Nvidia card (let alone fanless) that can do any of the
> quality deinterlacing.  If anyone's has I'd like to know.

That would be great or even a small case & MB that can take a GT220/240 and a PCI or PCIe tuner card?

A couple of my sat feeds are in the living room and it's expensive to re-route them or get more installed in an apartment building so I have a slave BE/FE there, it works ok but is too big and too noisy.