[mythtv-users] Small Form Factor Frontend

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Wed Aug 11 15:49:54 UTC 2010

On 11 Aug 2010, at 14:40, Robert Siebert wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 20:05:28 +0200, Andre <mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk>
> wrote:

>>> I have a SFF Dell 4700C as a frontend.  As far as VDPAU goes, I've yet
>>> to see a SFF Nvidia card (let alone fanless) that can do any of the
>>> quality deinterlacing.  If anyone's has I'd like to know.
>>
>> That would be great or even a small case & MB that can take a
>> GT220/240 and a PCI or PCIe tuner card?
>>
>> A couple of my sat feeds are in the living room and it's expensive to
>> re-route them or get more installed in an apartment building so I have
>> a slave BE/FE there, it works ok but is too big and too noisy.
>>

>>> Tom
>
> I use the Silverstone LC19 case (black with cardreader).
> It look awesome an fits perfectly on the AV-receiver. It can hold also
> Micro-ATX borads and PCI cards with the included riser card.
>
> http://www.silverstonetek.com/products/p_contents.php?pno=lc19&area=

Not seen that one before, looks great.

Manual seems to suggest it's PCIe OR PCI not PCIe AND PCI :-(
Almost perfect....

Seems I'm looking for something in the wasteland between "small & cute" and "big & ugly", this is the closest I've seen so far and I might be re-thinking my requirements around this one.

Thanks

Andre