[mythtv-users] IPTV in .23

Mark Weil mark at martialfit.net
Wed Aug 11 15:59:39 UTC 2010

>The way I did it is using the following m3u file (Hand-generated):

>http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Sasktel_IPTV_Regina_Channels

>I will note that (IIRC) Myth only supports RTP and UDP streams, not MMS or
RTSP streams.

the location that you specify for your .m3u file... Is that local address
(/home/me/channels.m3u) or http (http://localhost/channels.m3u) style?

When I did local file it gave me
 IPTVChanFetch, Error: Invalid channel list header ()

but running it as a link through apache may have worked...

if that's the case then local .m3u's may not work anymore.

When you clicked on 'Scan for channels' (or whatever it's called on the m3u
import screen) did you get any feedback?
 I got no feedback, and none of the channels were available in the channel
editor, but the backend log says

IPTVChan(1): Loaded 134 channels from http://127.0.0.1/this

I checked the channels table in mythconverg and they had made it in there.
yay.