[mythtv-users] No Video playing Bluray rip (VC-1) video

Rett D. Walters rettw at rtwnetwork.com
Wed Aug 11 17:55:09 UTC 2010

Eric Sharkey wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 10:37 PM, Rett D. Walters <rettw at rtwnetwork.com> wrote:
>
>>  Mplayer does the same thing when using vdpau playback on the
>> files.
>>

> Are you suggesting that mplayer works just fine when not using vdpau?

Actually - I am.  If I used VDPAU only for the video output device and
let Mplayer choose the decoder (ffvc1 is what it comes up with) it
works, albeit with high CPU (34%)

And, I just discovered today that if I specify the VDPAU VC1 code with
-vc ffvc1vdpau it also works.  I think I might have misspelled the codec
name in my previous  testing.

With mythtv, however, I get sound but no video.  I would like use the
myth internal player for this as it handles refresh rate changes with my
HDTV better.  Here is the mplayer command lines I am using that work
outside of myth.:

 mplayer -vo vdpau -ao pulse -vc ffvc1vdpau
/mnt/nfs/rtwdata/multimedia/video/bluray_rips/book_of_eli.m2ts
(16% CPU)

or

mplayer -vo vdpau -ao pulse
/mnt/nfs/rtwdata/multimedia/video/bluray_rips/book_of_eli.m2ts (mplayer
chooses ffvc1 for the codec (non vdpau).
(34% CPU)

Rett