[mythtv-users] MythMusic and UPnP

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Wed Aug 11 18:08:32 UTC 2010

On Wed, 11 Aug 2010, Josenivaldo Benito Junior wrote:

> Understood your words. I would like Mythmusic not be a only a front-end plugin, it really do a good job that would be amazing to have
> spread.

You might want to take a look at Subsonic - http://www.subsonic.org/ .  It
was brought up here when I asked a similar question.

It's a java-based streaming server that can act as a jukebox on the server.
It has iphone and Android clients, and an Adobe Air desktop client.
I'm running it on my Myth backend server now (a 1.8ghz Athlon with 1.25gig
of ram) and it co-exists with Myth well.

As a frontend, it wouldn't work well with a remote, but between laptops and
my phone I haven't found it convenient to control music from Mythtv. Maybe
if things could be poped-up OVER running video . . ..