[mythtv-users] all tuners suddenly unavailable [SOLVED]

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Wed Aug 11 23:01:13 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-08-11 at 17:58 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Every single config.xml and mysql.txt on your system...  Look for
> LocalHostName overrides.

THANK YOU!! I found that ~/mythtv/.mythtv/config.xml did not have
LocalHostName set, whereas the various mysql.txt files did. I added the
LocalHostName setting to config.xml and all is well!

This begs the question of how the hell this happened in the first place,
since I haven't explicitly modified any of these files in quite some
time, and the system had been working...

--Greg