[mythtv-users] combined frontend/master backend can't connect to master backend server

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 17:45:53 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-08-12 at 12:58 -0400, Newbury wrote:

> > *I didn't choose NULL, it was put there automagically.
> Veerrry interesting. On my three systems (all Be/Fe) those entries
> match in both the data and hostname fields. Automagically.
> Geoff

Either way.

Just in case someone trips across this thread, I added database
to my --verbose argument.

When the backend starts up, it handles both cases.  So in my case:

  ...WHERE value = 'masterserverip' AND hostname = 'mc0' <<<< Returns 0 row(s)
  ...WHERE value = 'masterserverip' AND hostname IS NULL <<<< Returns 1 row(s)

It needn't be changed, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.  Pardon my
assumption that only NULL is correct.

Bill