[mythtv-users] Have video file but no database entry (user error)

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Aug 13 01:52:19 UTC 2010

On 08/12/2010 04:48 PM, David Brieck Jr. wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 4:37 PM, Keith Edmunds<kae at midnighthax.com>  wrote:
>>
>> These same fat fingers typing now were responsible for me having to
>> restore the mythconverg database from a backup. I know I have maybe half a
>> dozen programs recorded that are now not in the database.
>>
>> What options are open to me to be able to watch those shows?
>>
>> Happy with SQL (and other) hacking.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Keith
>

> Normally I would say use myth.rebuildatabase, but it's wiki entry
> suggests it is not working any longer. I would go with Kevin's answer
> and just move them into your video folder.

No, the wiki entry says that it is deprecated, because is does not do
all the things it should do. It does require the use of the script given
at the bottom of the page, to poke the filesize into the database.

I didn't know enough perl to poke the main script, so I wrote the kludge
script to do the same thing.

Together they work.
--
              R. Geoffrey Newbury