[mythtv-users] mythepisode - mythweb unofficial addon

Dan Smith mrplowdan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 18:33:40 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 6:57 AM, Justin Johnson
<justin.johnson3 at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 12:04 AM, Chad Oppliger <chadopp at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I created a little add-on to mythweb that displays every television
> series
> > ever aired(according to tvrage).  Each tv show has a link that when
> selected
> > will display a list of every episode for the particular show and a status
> > showing if you have a particular episode scheduled for recording or have
> > recorded it in the past.  From the episode listing you can choose to
> create
> > a tvwish list that will schedule recordings based off of the wish list
> when
> > they become available.
> >
> > mythepisode is something I created because I wanted to find out if I had
> > seen every episode of "The King of Queens" and record them if not.  I
> wasn't
> > going to put this out because I'm truly a hack when it comes to coding,
> but
> > i figured someone might find it useful and make improvements to the code.
> >
> > I am running mythtv .22 and have only tested it with that version.  You
> can
> > find the code and data files at
> > https://sites.google.com/site/mythepisode
> >
> Very cool!
> I'm running 0.23 and can confirm that it works on there also, though I
> didn't bother with any of the tvwish stuff, as I really just wanted to
> see the info. This is pretty neat, even though it's incredibly slow to
> process all that data. I get a php error saying the script timed out
> at a max of 30 seconds. I'm sure I could figure out how to change that
> though.
> Thanks for sharing!
>
> --Justin Johnson

yes it works well, thanks for this.
although I'm trying to make sure I've seen all king of queens episodes too
however that show is not on my list. It seems there are a few missing.

looking through /var/log/apache2/error.log I see this error while running
Update Show Listing, not sure if thats related.
Wide character in print at modules/episode/utils/grabshowsall.pl line 91.