[mythtv-users] Best STB channel changing, IR blaster?

JWA jwa at macbidouille.com
Sat Aug 14 00:49:08 UTC 2010

I recently decided to go to firewire for channel changing.  I've got a
HD-PVR and I could not get the built-in blaster to work reliably (it
would lock up the HD-PVR occasionally).  So I purchased a Siig
NN-E20022-S1 (one of the few low profile PCIe 1x cards I could find).
Took me about 15 minutes to get it working with the 6200ch program.
Since then channel changes have been flawless.

Note: I didn't bother to check how recording over firewire would work,
since my cable provider (TimeWarner) has 5C set on all but the
broadcast and maybe 4 other channels and I've got the HD-PVR.